Thornhill Cemetery opened in 1952 with the crematorium opening the following year.
In the crematorium’s first year there were just over 1000 cremations, there are now almost 3 times that number each year.
In 2000, the Briwnant Chapel opened to offer an alternative to the larger, existing Wenallt Chapel and to better accommodate the growing number of funerals. The Cemetery was extended in 2010 and a new Enquiries Office opened the following year which offers far more appropriate surroundings for families to meet for cremated remains burials and scatters and to make arrangements for their loved ones.
Thornhill florist flower shop – 029 2062 0625
- Car parking
- Vehicle access
- Accessible public toilets
- Enquiries office
- Flower shop
- Cremated remains
- Scatter garden
- Book of remembrance
- Memorial garden plaques
- Tree dedication
Chapels of rest
Thornhill cemetery has two chapels of rest.
Weekdays: 9am to 5:45pm
Weekends and bank holidays: 10am to 5:45pm.
If using satnav please use the postcode CF14 6RG.
Cemetery grounds maintenance
We follow a regular maintenance programme in all of our Cemeteries.
We also offer a grave maintenance programme.